Monday, October 21, 2013

Connected Educator's Month 2013

I am a life long learner. One opportunity I have this month is Connected Educator's Month. It is almost the end of the month and I just hopped in to a few different items. I am doing it for myself. I am trying to complete some of the options so that I can talk about them with other educators over the next year.

A Tweet Pulled Me In
I was taking a quick look at the hashtag for #ce13 and saw a message from Eric Sheninger
Join the FREE Leadership 3.0 community @edwebnet http://buff.ly/19KW5w1  #cpchat #ce13

As it happened, I was waiting for the laundry to finish so I poked around the site and found an archive of a Leadership 2.0: Essential Skills for Innovative Principals webinar.  It was well worth my time. I had heard Eric speak online and in person a number of times. The webinar also featured Joe Mazza and I enjoyed hearing his perspective as a lead learner (principal) of an elementary school.

Daily Emails
I signed up for Connected Educator Month last year. As a result, I have been receiving daily emails detailing the events of the day. I followed a link to get in a drawing for books from Solution Tree. After filling in the form, I decided to look a little closer at the website and thought I would learn more about the "badges" event that is running this year. I am not sure if it is the first year they are doing it. The actual reason I am writing this post is that it is required for one of the badges.

The badges led me to  a Connected Educator's Starter Kit. I downloaded the PDF for use at school with the local teachers.

All in all, I am looking forward to completing more badges and being able to give first hand knowledge to teachers that are just starting on the connected educator journey.

Image Credit:
http://badges.connectededucators.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment