Sunday, December 23, 2007

Seven Random Things


I've been tagged by Cathy to list seven unknown facts about me. Here we go:
  1. I marched in the Gatorbowl at a marching band competition back in high school (I didn't play an instrument, I was a flag twirler).
  2. I can play the piano to my satisfaction but have never played in public. This amounts to the following: I can read music and would be good if I took the time to practice.
  3. I like to take black and white photos and develop them in the darkroom.
  4. The best trip I took in my life was when I traveled to Ireland to meet my father's brother who still owns the family farm. It was a couple of months after my dad died and meant so much to me.
  5. I can drive a stick shift. My first car was a little blue MBG with three windshield wipers and a hole in the floor.
  6. My first job was helping students troubleshoot errors in their computer programs including BASIC, FORTRAN, COBOL, Pascal, and even assembly language.
  7. I worked in New York City for a few years and cut through the Empire State building or Macy's on the way to the train station when I wanted to avoid the rain.
Pass it on: Random Rantings of a Technologically Savvy Educator, Cloudy Tag Thoughts, The Story of My "Second Life", Apace of Change, Once Upon a Teacher, Yes Tech, and Life in Lower School.

Here are the rules:
- Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
- Share 7 random and or weird things about yourself.
- Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
- Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.



Image Citation:
"Mountaineer.” Aprilandrandy's Photostream. 3 Feb 2007. 23 Dec 2007.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/183/378244346_5d4492a18f.jpg?v=0

2 comments:

  1. Now who would've known?? I too can drive a stick shift and I was in band in high school too--flute. Since I can read music, I am a member of the technical ministry team at church b/c the choir director sends notes for lighting and words based on the measure number, codas, and interludes written in the music--and none of them read music. So they need me. LOL. Thanks for participating. Hey go back and link to me so i get a ping back. Shamelessly soliciting pingbacks for technorati rank and authority!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to get to know you better Here's mine :) http://onceuponateacher.blogspot.com/2007/08/random-meme.html

    ReplyDelete