Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Eighth Habit

I'm a firm believer in the fact that when you are ready for them, things will appear. This seems to have happened over the weekend.

My husband mentioned Stephen R. Covey's addition to The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. The book isn't really new. Its copyright is 2004 and is titled The Eighth Habit.

I just started reading it this evening and I'm just about through the second chapter, but it really resonates with me. It ties into a presentation I saw with Marco Torres at Kean University in the fall. He spoke about the transition from Hunter/ Gatherer to Farmer to the Industrial Age to the Knowledge Worker.

This book talks about working on an eighth habit, Voice. It's what I've been honing this past year.

He also intersperses short videos throughout the book. I'm just about to watch the first two videos. I skipped the first chapter's video to keep reading.

I'll write more as I continue to read.




Image Credit.
"The voices are not real but they do have some good ideas." Major Clanger's photostream. 2007 March 11. 2008 April 13.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/161/417953139_cc44439cf0.jpg?v=0

No comments:

Post a Comment