I was tagged by Andrea over at the EdTech Workshop blog for this Summer Professional Development meme. Started by Clif at Clif's Notes, I've given myself some time to think about three goals for the summer. His original directions are below.
1. Learn to search EBSCO for current information on the Presidential election in preparation for introducing the concept to, at least, grades six to eight.
2. Learn to use the HP Tablet PC that I will be receiving some time next week and determine the software that I will use on the tablet.
3. Learn to use Discovery streaming Plus in anticipating of having it available in the school next year.
I am planning on writing about my progress throughout the summer, but no later than mid-September.
Eight is a lot of people to tag in a meme. I will do my best. If meme tags are not your thing, just pass on it. If you were already tagged, just smile. I'll get back to all your blogs and see what your plans are for the summer.
Patti at A Second Grade Teacher's Blog
Nadine at Life Long Learning Blog
Linda at Nitsche Notes Blog
Dan at geek.teacher Blog
Anne at Tech Savvy Teacher Blog
Diane at Nexus Blog
Kimberly at Mrs. Vance Goes To School Blog
Caroline at Ed Tech Trek Blog
Now I have to go get busy!
Summer can be a great time for professional development. It is an opportunity to learn more about a topic, read a particular work or the works of a particular author, beef up an existing unit of instruction, advance one’s technical skills, work on that advanced degree or certification, pick up a new hobby, and finish many of the other items on our ever-growing To Do Lists. Let’s make Summer 2008 a time when we actually get to accomplish a few of those things and enjoy the thrill of marking them off our lists.
- Pick 3 professional development goals and commit to achieving them this summer.
- For the purposes of this activity the end of summer will be Labor Day (09/01/08).
- Post the above directions along with your 3 goals on your blog.
- Title your post Professional Development Meme and link back/trackback to http://clifmims.com/blog/archives/353.
- Use the following tag/ keyword/ category on your post: pdmeme.
- Tag 8 others to participate in the meme.
- Achieve your goals and "develop professionally."
- Commit to sharing your results on your blog during early or mid-September.
Torres, Marco Antonio. "BLC07_037." torres21's photostream. 2007 Jul 17. 2008 Jun 14.