Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sign Up for the K12 Online Conference

Wait. There is no sign up. There is no cost. There are plenty of opportunities for learning. Coming soon to your web browser is the K12 Online Conference.

My Experiences
Back in late 2006, I first stumbled upon the K12 Online Conference. I thought I was too late. It said that it ran in October, and here it was the end of October. Oh well, I thought, maybe next year.

I was more in the online loop with the educators involved in the conference last year, but it still took time to understand the nature of the conference. I started seeing teasers for the upcoming presentations.

I finally understood that the conference conveners simply collected video presentations into one website, released them on a predetermined schedule by strand, and those presentation stay online long after the original conference dates have passed.

If Your Just Hearing About It
The next conference is starting with a pre-conference keynote on October 18, 2008. It will be followed by week one strand A: Prove It and strand B: Getting Started. The week two strand A: Leading the Change and strand B: Kicking It Up a Notch close out the final presentation.

There is a flyer in PDF format that you can print out to hang at the office. You can take a look at the flyer in the image at the top of this page. Get ready to amplify your possibilites.

No comments:

Post a Comment