Monday, October 1, 2007

To Be or Not To Be a Video Podcast

I've come a long way since the end of the last school year. I not only learned how to use iTunes with or without an iPod, I can create podcasts. I still need to do a lot of documentation of the process.

Last weekend, I really rushed to put together a video and audio podcast for my math class. I found out the first time around that if I wanted the video podcast to download to the iPod, it had to be in MPEG-4 format.

Today, we are off from school, and I was trying to figure out why my video podcast wasn't on my iPod. When I went into iTunes to compare the files, I found out that even though I saved it in MPEG-4 format, it was using a H-264 video codec. So...I just resaved it and uploaded it to my podomatic account. Now, I have to do the final tests. It should be fine. Also, it seems like it takes 24 hours, or overnight, or something for iTunes to sync up with the RSS feed.

Live and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment