Sunday, August 19, 2007

Getting Ready for Outages




I've started preparing some videos that I want to show from TeacherTube and YouTube at school. I want to avoid the problems of streaming, buffering, and potential Internet down time when I want them.


When I'm over at TeacherTube, I can click the Download button and get the .FLV file. After a bit of searching, I found a web site called Zamzar which converts between all sorts of file types. I found it a bit more work to convert the YouTube videos, but then I noticed a different link at Zamzar which let's me type in a URL from YouTube, and it gets the video out of the page and converts it in one step.

Now I can just copy the Quicktime movies onto my memory stick and play the videos without fear of Internet glitches.


Image Citation:
“Alaska Pipeline.” ShamrockTattoo's Photostream. 29 Jan 2007. 14 Aug 2007 .

No comments:

Post a Comment