Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Moving Ahead with Wikis

Joining the Classroom 2.0 ning has already paid great dividends. My first discussion post generated information that I sorely needed. Now I can plan on using Wikispaces without having to worry about having each child having an email id to create an account.

I would like to sign up with Classblogmeister, but I have a feeling that you need to have backing from a school district. Since I'm at a small private school, I'm not sure what to do. I guess I'll keep with the idea of using blogger. Maybe I'll just sign on at the start of class and have the students take turns writing at the end of class. It won't be just what I wanted, but if it was tied into a wikispace it should work just fine.

I'm working on a template to use with my teachers at school. I want to try to use a wiki for a carousel brainstorming activity. I want them to answer questions and move around the room from computer to computer instead of moving from flip chart to flip chart. It will give the teachers a few minutes to talk together about several different ways they have used computer and get to update a wiki at the same time.

I have a lot of plans for the year. It will be interesting to see where I get over time.


Yeah! I've gotten set up with classblogmeister. I've just started poking around in it, but it looks very promising. I should be all ready for September. I was beginning to worry that I would have to make it more abbreviated, but now I'm full steam ahead!

1 comment:

  1. You do NOT need backing from a school district to sign up for Classblogmeister. I have several blogs there and no one else in my school (private) blogs there.

    ReplyDelete