Monday, September 17, 2007

Podcast with images

I have finally gotten around to making a podcast with images. It's not a video podcast, per se. I also did it a little different than the first audio podcast. I only used GarageBand on the iBook to create the audio sections. I did end up saving each piece of audio for each associated image in a separate GarageBand file.

Now, my steps may be more convoluted than they need to be. I'll learn that as I go along. In GarageBand, I took each file and chose File - Export to iTunes.

I created jpg images of PowerPoint slides with <3>.

I opened iMove HD and imported images and sounds. I used the File - Share option when I was done and compressed the movie on Expert Settings. It seems like if I export as Movie to MPEG-4, I am able to see the podcast as a video podcast on my iPod.

Finally, I loaded the file up to my podomatic account. On their help screen, I found out that I could copy my RSS link to the files into iTunes. I created an iTunes account and after I submitted the RSS feed, they said they'd get back to me on the feed's entry into iTunes. I'm hoping it's a free service.

I showed my students how to access the podcast from my classblogmeister account which I have linked through my schoolnotes account.

Several hops, skips, and jumps later, I showed my math students. They seem to think it's a good idea. I'm very curious to see how many students actually use it. My first podcast was just a welcome to class. My second podcast is study notes for our first chapter quiz.

No comments:

Post a Comment